Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: A question for Blue Wahoo...

  1. #11
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A question for Blue Wahoo...

    Are you referring to a beet slaw lung? Or red onion slaw??
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A question for Blue Wahoo...

    I watch too much Travel Channel [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] . They were talking about BBQ joints in NC and they were talking about Red Slaw. Which was basically BBQ based slaw instead of mayonaise.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  3. #13
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A question for Blue Wahoo...

    Oh okay. I have heard of a beet slaw before but never fixed it. I could see someone possibly trying to fix a pickled red/purple onion slaw as well. Thought that might be it. BBQ spaghetti is good.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A question for Blue Wahoo...

    They were talking about a place in Memphis called The Interstate that invented the BBQ spaghetti.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  5. #15
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A question for Blue Wahoo...

    Not on a dog just w/ my BBQ but maybe I'll give it a try .
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  6. #16
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A question for Blue Wahoo...

    A lot of places have layed claims to that. A couple of places in Memphis and Kansas City have said they started it, but its hard to tell. The next time a smoke some meat, I may have to fix some noodles with it.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  7. #17
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A question for Blue Wahoo...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ironlung</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They were talking about a place in Memphis called The Interstate that invented the BBQ spaghetti. </div></div>
    Are those the folks on the Food Network show Down Home with the Neelys? They did a show with their "invention' BBQ spaghetti not long ago.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A question for Blue Wahoo...

    I had a friend that ate it at their restaurant a few weeks ago and said it was dang good.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A question for Blue Wahoo...

    No. This was on the Travel Channel. It was a show called Barbeque Paradises. They were talking about the bbq spaghetti and talking about when it was first created decades ago and that was the first account of it so it gets the claim as the originator.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  10. #20
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A question for Blue Wahoo...

    I think of hot dogs like this...

    hot dog is a weiner and bun
    chili dog... is chili/onions/weiner
    chili bun - just chili/onions
    crunch dawg - deep friend weiner..delicious
    slaw dawg - slaw/chili/weiner

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •